Long-time readers…I know what you’re going to say, ok? I KNOW. Yes this is the gamillionty-seventh cheesecake-inspired recipe on this blog.
But Google Analytics says 90+% of you reading this have never been to this blog before so…hi. I’m Nikki. And I like cheesecake!
But as we all know cheesecake can be fatty and sugary and all sorts of things that can cause certain gut-death. I won’t lie. At 7 years post-op I do enjoy a bite or two of the real thing every now and again.
And on regular days I have this.
- 1 box sugar-free instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix
- 1 container (11 oz.) Premier Protein shake (Strawberry or Vanilla works best, in my opinion)
- 6 oz. container plain Greek yogurt (Note: Do use plain, it cuts the sweetness of the pudding mix and the protein shake combined!)
- 1 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened (it amps up the cheesecake factor…)
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- About 10 strawberries (or 2 per parfait), hulled and sliced
- Whipped cream
- Optional (pictured): sliced almonds
- Place the instant pudding mix and protein shake in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed about 2 minutes. (You want to work out any powder lumps.)
- Add the Greek yogurt, cream cheese and lemon juice and mix again, until combined. Refrigerate at least two hours.
- To assemble: place a few sliced strawberries at the bottom of a cup or bowl. Top with ¼ c. pudding mixture, then a dab of whipped cream. Repeat.
If you like a little crunch, you can use high-protein granola in there too. These days I like to crush a bit of Fiber One and add it as a layer.
One habit I will keep, though, is posting outtake pics! Here you go:
|There isn’t a particular reason I didn’t use this one at the top. I just didn’t.|
|As I’ve said many times…direct overhead shots are my “comfort zone.” I’m trying to get out of my comfort zone. Plus…it’s a parfait. You gotta see the layers!|