When I had roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery in January of 2008 I knew…nothing.
I didn’t know how to what vitamins to take. I didn’t know how much protein I should get. I didn’t know what kinds of protein were best for me. I didn’t know about the many awkward situations I’d face in my losing phase and beyond. I didn’t know that my appetite would come back. I didn’t know what to order in restaurants or how to get the waiter to stop bringing me water!
I just. Didn’t. Know.
These free resources are a collection of the things I’ve learned over the years. They address all kinds of topics, from foods you may have never heard of (like “what the hell is a jicama?”), to surviving food situations (like first dates), to what to order from the most popular restaurant chains.
This section is meant to be a resource for you. If you have a question or need that isn’t covered, give me a holler! I’m happy to help and you never know. Your question could become the next free resource!
Bariatric Foodie Toolkits
Bariatric Foodie Survival Guides
- The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Making it Through a Meltdown
- The Bariatric Foodie Survival Guide to Summer Barbecues
- The Bariatric Foodie Halloween Survival Guide
- The Bariatric Foodie Thanksgiving Survival Guide
- The Bariatric Foodie Holiday Party Survival Guide
- The Bariatric Foodie Buffet Survival Guide
- The Bariatric Foodie Sushi Survival Guide
- The Bariatric Foodie Dating Survival Guide
BF Basics Series
- BF Basics: The Nutrition Label
- BF Basics: Sugar Shock
- BF Basics: Carb Confusion
- BF Basics: Veggie Tales