I have to tell on myself.
This post could have been up two hours ago but I am becoming increasingly persnickety about my photography and was trying to get the perfect shot to represent the lusciousness of what was on that plate. Because it was luscious. Ohhhhh…yes it was…
Nik’s Cinnamon Raisin Baked Protein Oatmeal
- 1.5 c. quick oats
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. no-calorie sweetener (I used Splenda)
- 1/4 c. Torani Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup (in the absence of that the same amount of sugar-free pancake syrup + 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon will do)
- Up to 1/2 tsp. extra cinnamon if you are really into cinnamon (I am so I used it)
- 1.5 c. milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 scoops protein powder (Any powder, any size scoop, doesn’t matter. I used unflavored Any Whey but vanilla or a cinnamon flavored protein would be nice, just omit the extra cinnamon if you use the latter along with the syrup.)
- 1/3 cup natural raisins (Some raisins have a sugar coating. I think Sun-Maid in general does not so they are a good one to go with.)
- 1/2 tbsp. Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- 1 tsp no-calorie sweetener
- A “splick” of cinnamon (don’t ask me how much a splick is…it’s a splick)
- 2 tsp. milk
Like this article?
There's more where that came from. Subscribe to my e-mail list to get the good stuff straight to your inbox!