I think I’ve said before, I’m a visual eater. And unlike when I first started this blog, I’m sort of a lazy cook now. These days I LOVE meals that don’t take long to make. This is a quick throw-together IF you are the sort of person who preps veggies weekly (I am!).
Spinach & Eggs (and a few other things)
– Red pepper strips (I cut up peppers each week and stow them away for easy access)
– Sliced onion (I used a regular yellow onion)- Sliced mushrooms- Spinach (I used about 1.5 c. since it cooks down but go with your instinct on the amount)- 1 small clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 – -1/2 tsp. already minced garlic)Nonstick cooking spray (or olive oil, about a teaspoon is enough)
-Salt, pepper, Paremesan cheese
– 1 egg (I used a large, again go with what’s right for you!)
Spray a pan down with nonstick cooking spray and set it over medium heat. If you’re using olive oil put the pan on the heat and let it get hot before adding oil.
Add peppers and onions and sautee 2-ish minutes or until they are softened. Add mushrooms and sautee an additional minute followed by the spinach and any seasonings you are using.
I like to just toss the spinach with a pair of tongs until it’s soft, but not completely limp. Transfer to a plate.
In the same pan, cook an egg any way you like it (obviously I like mine sunny-side up!). Place egg atop veggie mixture and sprinkle with Paremesan cheese. NOM!
Need Even More Easy Breakfast Ideas?
For many WLS folks, breakfast is either a chore or a bore. If it’s a chore, it’s because your tummy just really doesn’t like anything in the morning. If it’s a bore, it’s because you’ve found something that works…but that’s the only thing that works – and it’s getting a little old!
Never fear, Bariatric Foodie is here! The Bariatric Foodie Breakfast Book is chocked full of creative takes on your favorite protein packed breakfast foods and includes:
- 11 new things to do with cottage cheese
- A collection of one-egg omelets
- Un-Breakfast: Dishes that are made from breakfast food but don’t feel like breakfast food (like my nummy breakfast chili!)
So if you want to bring some joy back into your breakfast while staying a high-protein, low-carb, fat-burning machine, check out The Bariatric Foodie Breakfast Book!
Like this article?
There's more where that came from. Subscribe to my e-mail list to get the good stuff straight to your inbox!