It even happens to me, dear Foodies. I wake up late, get out the door late, get the kids to school and…”Oh crap! I forgot to pack lunch!”
Thankfully there’s a supermarket between the diva’s school and my job (I only work about 3/4 mile from their school!) so I headed there to see what they could offer me. And I came across this:
- Simply add your lettuce!
- 260 calories
- 9g fat
- 26g carbs (probably from the beans and tortilla strips)
- 4g fiber
- 18g protein
- Um…the star of this salad is definitely the dressing. The corn lends a lot of flavor and I am amenable to the texture of black beans but the dressing popped. Wasn’t too spicy. It was just right.
- The chicken, however, was a wee bit…bland. But it’s only got 590mg sodium (which is paltry in terms of frozen stuff) so what can we expect?
- I wish I’d let the chicken cool a little bit more before I put it on my salad. It made my lettuce a bit wilty (and it was already wilty cuz it took me until 10:30 to put the bag of salad mix in the fridge).
- Some might question my decision to use the tortilla strips. My pouch, my choice. They do separate them out so there is nothing stopping you from tossing them if you are deathly afraid of tortilla strips. I like the crunch.
Like this article?
There's more where that came from. Subscribe to my e-mail list to get the good stuff straight to your inbox!