Zoodles! Have you tried them? I LOVE THEM.
That’s one (of many) reasons why I’m working on a brand spanking new, full-color WITH pictures recipe e-book full of Zoodles!
It’ll be out later this spring, but in the meantime, here’s a super-quick lunch I sometimes throw together using zoodles and it is GOOD! Give it a try.
- 3-ish oz. leftover cooked steak or roast beef (NOTE: You don’t HAVE to use beef. If you’ve got leftover chicken make it chicken and cheese…seafood, make it seafood
and cheese. You get where I’m going with this right?)
- 1 oz. onion slivers
- Zoodles (zucchini noodles I made using my spiral vegetable cutter)
- Whatever random quick-cooking veggies you wanna throw in there (I had spinach so I used that)
- Salt, pepper, garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
onions on there and get them cooking.
Meanwhile you can be cutting your zoodles. (It’s a quick, easy and, dare I say, fun process!)
Add zoodles to the pan and toss it around with the steak and onions. Let those go about a minute before adding the other veggies you intend to use. Add spices.
Once everything is tender (it only takes 3-ish minutes) throw in the Laughing Cow Light wedge (NOTE: you may want to dice it up. They don’t exactly “melt” easily). Toss
throughout (I use tongs) allowing the temperature of the food to soften the cheese.
When ready to eat, top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy! These tasted like a steak & cheese sub – without the bread! And it literally took me 10 minutes to make.
So if you were hesitating to enter the contest because you thought you needed a “fancy” dish – don’t! In fact most of the judges WANT simple and good recipes. So get yours together and submit by September 30 for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! Plus you’ll be helping to fill the contest e-book that will be available to everyone for FREE download.
Keep playing with your food!