PWYF. Play with your food. It’s our philosophy. And many of
you have whole-heartedly embraced the challenge of looking at a recipe, then
figuring out how to change it so that it works for YOUR weight-loss surgery
lifestyle, preferences and tastes.
results with me.
(this is complete fabrication of what I THINK she thought to herself): “Self? I’d
love to have an Italian version of this casserole. In fact, I will have an Italian version of this
casserole. I WILL PLAY WITH MY FOOD!!!!”
wind”…it was quite the spectacle…you should have seen it!)
S’anyway. I “helped” with this recipe as Angela put a little of this, a little of that in her recipe. From what she relayed to me, here’s what I’ve got for you! (Angela, chime in if I got any of this wrong! I also took a little bit of creative license…)
(Ingredients Nik added have an *)
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced*
- Optional: sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. ground turkey (Angela’s recipe called for 1.5 lbs. ground turkey but I like the ground turkey/Italian sausage combo. Go with what YOU feel!)
- 1/2 lb. turkey or regular Italian sausage* (I put Italian sausage in everything!)
- 1 (10 oz.) can of Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz.) can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed of canning liquids
- 2 c. Italian-blend shredded cheese
Like this article?
There's more where that came from. Subscribe to my e-mail list to get the good stuff straight to your inbox!