Now that we’re all settled with week two of the Bariatric Foodie Pledge, I thought we might talk about some…oh I dunno…food?
Protein baked oatmeal! I like it. You guys seem to like it. But I LOVE it when a Foodie sends me their recipe!
Here’s what India sent me. And bonus points for shouting out BF in her pictures!
India’s Chunky Monkey Protein Baked Oatmeal
- 1.5 cups of oatmeal
- 3 scoops of chocolate protein
- 2 pinches of salt
- 4 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (Nik Note: 4 tbsp also = 1/4 c.)
- 1/3 cup of Splenda
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of PB2
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (Nik Note: If you have PB2 handy that works well and cuts a LOT of the calories!)
- 1/4 cup of sugar-free Kaluha or sugar-free chocolate syrup (Torani/Davinci-style syrup, not Hershey’s)
- 2 very ripe bananas sliced (Nik Note: If you can’t or don’t want to do bananas, try doing 2 tbsp sugar-free banana pudding)