BF offering, The Bariatric Foodie
Breakfast Book. The book is in the final stages of drafting (meaning the
recipes are almost all written and being tested out) and I figured it’d be fun
to include some of YOUR recipes!
- Egg recipes (scrambles, mini-quiches, etc.)
- Smart Carbs (traditional breakfast starches made with better
ingredients and added protein)
- Yogurt/Cottage Cheese recipes
- Un-breakfast (Stuff that may or may not include breakfast
food but either way doesn’t feel breakfasty)
submit it for consideration! You can submit your recipe by sending it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put the word “recipe” in the subject line somewhere). You are not required to submit a picture of your recipe, however, if you happen to have one, I always love to see them!
A panel of esteemed judges will pick one
recipe for each category to be included as a Foodie Submission recipe.
recipe submission is Sunday, April 6.
going to judge the recipes?
- Overall nutrition of the recipe. You don’t have to submit nutrition information for your recipe (I won’t publish it anyway) BUT it should be a recipe appropriate for WLS-folks (high protein, reasonable carbs, yadda, yadda…)
- Understand-ability of the recipe directions. You don’t have to be Hemingway but I should be able to follow your recipe!
- Ease of use (The goal here is simple
recipes that anyone can make)
- Creativity (Simple recipes do NOT mean boring recipes)
- Originality (IMPORTANT: Don’t copy a recipe from some other blogger’s
blog and send it to me! That’s recipe thieving and we don’t like that around
here. It’s ok if your recipe is similar to other recipes out there but it
should be one of your own imagining, not a cut/paste of someone else’s recipe)
selected will receive:
- A free copy of The
Bariatric Foodie Breakfast Book
- A $25 Amazon gift certificate
winner (i.e. “Mary’s Slammin’ Egg Dish…) and will become the property of
Bariatric Foodie. By submitting your recipe you agree that, if selected,
Bariatric Foodie may publish the recipe as a part of The Bariatric Foodie Breakfast Book with the understanding that
there you will be entitled to no compensation or royalties earned from the publication of your
Like this article?
There's more where that came from. Subscribe to my e-mail list to get the good stuff straight to your inbox!