Now you are almost set to get first dibs at the book!
I just shot you an email asking you to confirm your subscription to my email list (which is how I’ll send you notifications). Hit confirm and you’re good to go! (If you don’t see the email check your spam folder).
Then, and ONLY then, will you be set to get first notice when Oodles of Zoodles is published. And, yes, I will be offering a special price for folks who have signed up for updates!
To thank you for signing up, I’d like to offer you a sneek preview recipe from the book! This is my Baked Eggplant Parmesan with Zoodles and it is YUMMY!
Now I like to eat this as-is, but if you are looking to amp up the protein, this same method works very well with a chicken cutlet (and the recipe for that will be in the book).
More soon, but until then…let’s get to the good stuff.
Baked Eggplant Parmesan with Zoodles
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ½ inch thick slices (should yield 3-4 slices)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 c. low-sugar marinara sauce
- 4 c. zoodles, cut into spaghetti shape
- ½ c. grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Set up a dredging station with the egg whites in a bowl and a mixture of bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper whisked together on a plate.
- One at a time, dredge eggplant slices first in egg whites, then in the bread crumb mixture, then repeat. When finished, arrange on a rack placed inside a cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 to -30 minutes or until fork tender and coating is crispy.
- Prepare the sauce by sauteeingsautéing onions and peppers in a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, 2-3 two to three minutes or until softened. Add marinara sauce, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- After salting and draining zoodles of their excess water, flash cook them one to two 1-2 minutes in boiling water. [NOTE: If making lunches ahead, do not cook the zoodles at all. When you reheat the dish the zoodles will cook perfectly.]
- Plate the dish by placing zoodles on a plate. Top with a piece of the baked eggplant, about 1/3 cup (or more) of the sauce mixture and top while hot with shredded mozzarella cheese.