The 2017 Bariatric Foodie Pledge begins January 29. If you haven’t signed up already, take a moment to do it now. You must sign up in order to win prizes!
This page is to explain how the challenge works and what you can expect. Please read the information carefully so that you can have the best chance of winning awesome prizes for working on your goals! Bookmark this page so that if you need this information later, you can come back to it!
If you have any questions, email them to [email protected] No question too big or small!
What is the Bariatric Foodie Pledge?
The Bariatric Foodie Pledge is a four-week goal setting and accountability challenge. Here’s the “quick and dirty of how it works:
- Each week in February you are invited to “pledge” a healthy goal of your choosing.
- Throughout the week you work on your goal with mega-support and motivation provided by Bariatric Foodie.
- Then at the end of the week you’ll hold yourself accountable by “checking in” (saying how you did).
Each week you do these things, you’ll be entered to win a weekly prize! If you participate all four weeks of the challenge, you are eligible to compete for the “Winner Takes All” Grand Prize, which means if you win the grand prize, you’ll win one of everything everyone else won in the preceding four weeks. Sweet, right?
IMPORTANT: The Bariatric Foodie Pledge starts on January 29, but you can still join even if it has already started. But you must sign up! You can sign up here.
To pledge means to say what your goal is. You’ll do this right here on the Bariatric Foodie website every week. There is a specific period of time when you can submit your pledge each week (see the schedule below). When you sign up for the Pledge, you’ll receive reminders by email to submit your pledge each week. In the reminder emails will be a link for you to click to go to the pledge form, which is here on the Bariatric Foodie website.
To submit your pledge, you’ll fill out a very simple pledge form and submit it. You’ll get an email confirmation that we’ve received your goal. Then throughout the week you just work very hard on achieving your goal! Pledging takes about three minutes and can be done from a computer, tablet, smartphone or any device connected to the internet. If you click the button below it will take you to the Pledge Form page so that you can bookmark it.
To check-in means you have to say how your goal went. There is a specific period of time when you can submit your check-in each week – see the schedule below.
Even if you didn’t achieve your goal, you are eligible to win a prize if you check in. You will submit your check-in here on the Bariatric Foodie website also using a simple form. Once you submit the form, you’ll get a confirmation that we’ve received your check in. Checking in takes about 5 minutes and can be done from a computer, tablet, smartphone or other device connected to the internet. If you click the button below it will take you to the Check-in Form page so you can bookmark it.
IMPORTANT: If you pledge a goal, you MUST check in at the end of the week to be eligible for the prizes! So when you get the reminder, be sure to do it right away!
The 2017 Bariatric Foodie Pledge Schedule
Is your head spinning from all that information? (Sorry! It’s a lot but we swear it isn’t nearly as complicated in practice as it is to explain.) For your convenience, here is the complete pledge/check-in schedule for the 2017 Bariatric Foodie Pledge. You can also view/print a copy of this by clicking here. (And I’d recommend you do that so you can hang it somewhere convenient!)
- Pledging: Sunday, January 29 (noon EST) – Monday, January 30 (noon EST)
- Check-in: Saturday, February 4 (noon EST) – Sunday, February 5 (noon EST)
- Pledging: Sunday, February 5 (noon EST) – Monday, February 6 (noon EST)
- Check-in: Saturday, February 11 (noon EST) – Sunday, February 12 (noon EST)
- Pledging: Sunday, February 12 (noon EST) – Monday, February 13 (noon EST)
- Check-in: Saturday, February 18 (noon EST) – Sunday, February 19 (noon EST)
- Pledging: Sunday, February 19 (noon EST) – Monday, February 20 (noon EST)
- Check-in: Saturday, February 25 (noon EST) – Sunday, February 26 (noon EST)
Grand Prize Week starts on Sunday, February 26 and ends with the awarding of the grand prize on March 5.
Each week there will be a new prize package. Every week a total of five (5) people will win a prize. Those people will be chosen by random name generator. To qualify for each week’s prize drawing you must pledge a goal for that week AND check-in at the end of the week. You must do both!
The Grand Prize
The grand prize competition is open to people who participated in all four weeks of the Bariatric Foodie Pledge. That means you have to pledge a goal at the beginning of each week and check-in at the end of each week – for all four weeks of the Pledge. The grand prize is “winner takes all.” That means if you win the grand prize you will receive one of every prize awarded during the entire Bariatric Foodie Pledge. Details on the grand prize competition will be given once the challenge begins.
Prize Winners & Standings List
Each week we’ll update the Bariatric Foodie website with the prize winners from the previous week. We will also publish what’s called the Standings List. That’s a list of everyone who has pledged and checked in during the challenge so far. Be sure to check that list at least once a week to make sure we’ve recorded all your pledges and check-ins (especially if you are interested in winning the grand prize). Only your first name and last initial will be visible on this list. Bariatric Foodie takes your privacy seriously!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Bariatric Foodie Pledge. If you have others, don’t hesitate to ask! Email [email protected] with any questions you may have.
When does the Bariatric Foodie Pledge begin again?
The 2016 Bariatric Foodie Pledge begins on Sunday, January 29.
Do I have to sign up to participate?
Yes, you do! If you haven’t already signed up, please visit bariatricfoodie.com/takethepledge and fill out the sign-up form! You MUST sign up in order to win prizes, so be sure to do it!
I’m a little confused about how this all works! Help?
The easiest way to think about the Bariatric Foodie Pledge is as four back-to-back contests that last a week. Each week begins with pledging your goal here on the website (you’ll get a reminder to pledge your goal and a link to where to go to do it) and each week ends with checking in to say how your goal went (you’ll also get reminders and links to do that). Each week has its own prize and to be eligible for each week’s prize you have to pledge a goal at the beginning of the week and check-in at the end of the week. Then the next Sunday a new contest begins with a new prize!
If it’s still clear as mud, email [email protected] Let’s talk about it!
Who will be able to see my pledge?
Only Bariatric Foodie sees your exact pledge. We will not share your pledge with anyone else. You may choose to share your pledge with others in the private Facebook group but that’s up to you to do. (Btw, the link to join the group is emailed to you when you sign up).
Do I have to be on Facebook to participate?
No, you don’t! The private Facebook group is simply a bonus for folks who want to connect with other people taking part in the challenge. You will pledge and check-in here on the website and you’ll receive weekly reminders by email, so you will be able to participate even if you are not on Facebook.
How will I know you got my pledge or check-in?
When you submit a pledge or a check-in form, two things should happen:
- You should get a green box below the form that says you’ve successfully submitted. It can take up to a minute to appear so wait for it!
- You should also get an email confirming we received your submission. Depending on your email service provider this can take a little while. When you take your device test, take note of how long it took to get the confirmation email from that. That’s about how long it will take throughout.
If those things happen, your pledge went through fine. If you have any doubts, email Julia, the Pledge List Master, at [email protected] She’ll help you!
Can I communicate with others who are participating?
Yes! There are two main ways to communicate with others participating in the Bariatric Foodie Pledge.
- The Bariatric Foodie Pledge Private Facebook Group. Once you are signed up for the Pledge, you’ll get an invite to the Bariatric Foodie Pledge private Facebook group. Be sure to click the link to the group and ask to join. Once we verify that you have signed up, you’ll be added. This is a closed group, which means that only the people who belong to the group can see what you post there.
- Free weekly support call. One of the awesome benefits of participating in the Bariatric Foodie Pledge is a free weekly telephone support call. You’ll get information on how to access the support call by email close to the start of the Bariatric Foodie Pledge on January 29. We’ll also email you reminders about the call with dial-in information.
How do I know if I won a prize?
If you won a prize, you’ll get an email with the subject line, “Congratulations! You won a Bariatric Foodie Pledge prize!” The prize winners will also be announced via email. If you win a prize you have 48 hours to claim your prize by email before a new winner is drawn, so be sure to pay attention to your inbox! We’ll also publish a list of the winners here on the Bariatric Foodie website and we will post winner announcements in the private Facebook group.
Do you have to live in the U.S. to win prizes?
No, this contest is open worldwide, however there are some things you should be aware of. If you win a prize, I have to make sure it is legal to ship that physical prize to your country. If it is not legal to do so, I will award you the value of the prize in an Amazon gift card. Please also note that delivery of prizes outside the US will take longer as the sponsor first ships the prize to me, then I ship it onto you.
How much email will I be getting from you during the Bariatric Foodie Pledge?
We respect your inbox and will try to keep emails to a minimum. Here’s what you’ll get each week:
- On Sundays you’ll get an email notifying you that pledging has opened for the week. This email will also contain the link to check-in at the end of the week. Please note there will be no reminder email to check-in. You have to schedule your own reminder and remember to do it!
- After you pledge and check-in you’ll receive a confirmation email saying that we received your submission
- BONUS: When you complete a week (you pledge, then check-in) you’ll unlock special bonuses exclusively for people who completed the week. That will come via email, typically on Monday evenings.
So that means that you will get 3 or 4 emails per week related to the Bariatric Foodie Pledge.
Can I make the same goal each week? If so, do I have to keep pledging it?
You are welcome to make the same goal each week if you feel like that’s helpful to you. Even if you pledge the same goal every week, you do have to pledge your goal and check in to be eligible for the weekly prizes and the grand prize.
If I forget to pledge (or miss the deadline) can I still check in and be entered for the prize?
You must both pledge and check-in to be eligible for the weekly prizes. But even if you miss the pledge deadline you are encouraged to work on your goal on your own and jump back in the next week!
Got more questions?
Email [email protected] You’ll get an answer, typically within a day!
Like this article?
There's more where that came from. Subscribe to my e-mail list to get the good stuff straight to your inbox!